Woods Country Cove

Monday, February 27, 2017

The End Of February

 

WOW ! I cant believe how fast this month flew by . I guess having a break from winter weather that we really didn't  get this year has helped a lot to and the fact that last week and this week so far has been  lovely  .

So we are in for some more rain tomorrow and thunderstorms tomorrow night ,  there is a special rain statement out for a rain fall of 15 to 25mm  YIKES  thank goodness our land here has thawed or we would be flooded  , still strange to have so much thunder and rain this time of year as the other night we had three thunderstorms roll through  . Both Papa and I like a good thunderstorm , Miggs not so much !

Miggs and I have been enjoying the nice sunny days we have been having out side playing , going for long walks and watching the odd bird at the feeders and in our trees and cedar hedge . My feeders have been quiet all though the area trees and marsh area have been buzzing with Grackles , Red Wing black birds , Robins and few Morning Doves  so far . I think they are all in the transition of migration back to the area and the others are transitioning out  and that's why my feeders are so quiet for now , I get the odd Chickadee and Juncos and I have noticed all the Chipping Sparrows, White Crowned Sparrows and White throated Sparrows have all disappeared    but really I haven't had to fill my feeders for a week  and that's unusual for me , but come nesting time I know the feeders will be very busy in the next few weeks then I will be playing catch up with them all  all spring and summer lol !

FEBRUARY 2017 (21 of 25)

FEBRUARY 2017 (24 of 25)

FEBRUARY 2017 (22 of 25)

Early this morning Mrs Robin sat in our birch tree in the back and serenaded us with her beautiful song and chatter , they sometimes sound like they are giggling the way they talk makes me smile every time .

FEBRUARY 2017 (5 of 25)

 

                                             Miggs and I were having a ball playing in the yard this afternoon .

FEBRUARY 2017 (20 of 25)

FEBRUARY 2017 (16 of 25)

She certainty loves to perform for the camera , as soon as I come out with my camera she grabs her toy and prances about as if to say look at me Mama .She is quite the show dog when there is a camera in the picture haha  lol !

Well  …March is upon us now and spring is just around the corner and down this way southwest of the province near lake Erie things start to sprout early and  faster   then it did when we lived farther north , one reason we moved down this way , less snow and warmer climate and being smack in the middle of the migration path is awesome .  I hope to have lots more nice sunny days and are able to enjoy them out side for the month of March  .

                                                        The month of spring and clocks going one hour ahead !

                                                                                      Happy March

                                                             Country Gal

8 comments:

Henny Penny said...

Happy March to you! Miggs looks like he would be so much fun to play with. He is the cutest sweetest dog!! It's funny how much your weather sounds like ours. We could have thunderstorms Wednesday night.

Unknown said...

So happy that March is coming tomorrow!!!! Love all your beautiful pictures!!! Miggs looks so cute in his super fun pictures:)
Jessi

William Kendall said...

Miggs does look like she's having fun! We're supposed to get 10-15 mm out of that system, so most of it will pass to the south before the temperatures drop again. I don't think winter's done yet.

Vee said...

Glad that you had a mild winter. Miggs wintered very well! Loved the description of the robin's song.

Judy said...

Now that is refreshing...to visit where it actually looks like spring. I am so ready! Love your bird pic's.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, happy March to you. February did fly by. I love your sweet yardbirds and your Miggs. Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Seeing that robin makes me surely believe that spring has arrived in your area, Elaine. Miggs, as always, is quite the ham.

The Furry Gnome said...

Raining here too, and a lot of snow gone. But creeks are rinning high!