Woods Country Cove

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

A Frosty Morning

 

YIPPY !!  We had our first frost this morning and yeah all know what that means for my  camera and I  lol !  A new canvas to photograph OH BOY !!

So off I went in my  jammies , boots and coat to get out there before the sun got to high up and to warm and melted it all ! The temps dropped to –6C  or  22℉ over night .

OCTOBER 2016 (3 of 39) As the sun was rising over the valley and the land began to wake to a frosty chill and  the birds were busy feasting at the feeders and singing in the trees I was in AWE  of all the frost that had formed on everything and seeing things in a new way .

OCTOBER 2016 (5 of 39)

OCTOBER 2016 (7 of 39)

                                                              My boot prints in the frosty grass as I searched .

OCTOBER 2016 (9 of 39)

The sun hadn't quite rose and the light was more dusk then dawn if that makes sense so it was a challenge to get my lighting right and take photos in .

OCTOBER 2016 (10 of 39)

OCTOBER 2016 (12 of 39)

With the fresh crisp air I was feeling invigorated , a real wake up feel and so happy to be out in such a pretty morning ! I know I am weird lol !

OCTOBER 2016 (16 of 39)

 

OCTOBER 2016 (18 of 39)

                I still have flowers out in my gardens in bloom …well maybe not as much now after this frost lol .

OCTOBER 2016 (25 of 39)

OCTOBER 2016 (35 of 39)

OCTOBER 2016 (30 of 39)

 

OCTOBER 2016 (21 of 39)

                                 The field beside us with all it’s wild flowers and grasses looks soo pretty caked in frost .

Lots of leaves have changed and  fallen off the trees  now but we still have green leaves on some  trees as well but this morning the frost made lots of leaves green or not  fall to the ground as they sounded like pieces of glass falling  with all the frost on them .

OCTOBER 2016 (34 of 39)

OCTOBER 2016 (13 of 39)

OCTOBER 2016 (37 of 39)

                             I took tons of photos as there was so much to see and I had fun taking them all .

I have some gardening cleaning up to still do and that should be that for the season but I will leave some of the cutting back of plants till spring as they require that and they will look interesting when the snow fly's as they do now with frost on them . The temps are to go back up a bit for next week and as of this afternoon it is to be rainy and possible wet snow but that's mostly for the  northern areas from us . Miggs rolled in something yesterday when we were outside and was a stinky dog for a bit  till Papa and I gave her a bath , she is soo good in the bath and just stands there with the look of shame on her face but she does enjoy it all as she does at the groomers , so no more stinky dog .. for now anyways till she finds another stinky smell to roll in lol !

                                                                   Well that's it for me for now .

                                                                              Until next time .

                                                                          Country Gal

13 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What wonderful shots! I've never done that; gone out before the sun is up to take pictures. But you certainly have a good eye. The frost makes everything look completely different. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Henny Penny said...

You really do take good pictures. I've never looked close at the frost on things. Wonder why dogs enjoy rolling in anything that smells bad? I can just see Miggs standing in the bath with that cute face of his.

William Kendall said...

The flowers look pretty all frosted up. We've had a few frosty nights, and we had the first snowflakes of the season yesterday.

Linda said...

Your photos are really beautiful, and your header is stunning! It is getting pretty cold here, too. Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada. :)

Anvilcloud said...

Very nice work with the frost. This is something that I hardly ever think about. I guess because I'm stupid. :)

DeniseinVA said...

You are a brave lady to go out there in the freezing cold, but what amazing photographs. These were your reward and thankfully ours. Thanks for sharing them :)

Linda said...

NO frost here yet, Elaine...
Your pictures are very cool...hahaha!
Still really green down at the cottage...we were there on Tuesday...
Think we are going back tomorrow...need to start putting things away..:o(
Enjoy your day...windy and wet here...
Cheers!
Linda :o)

Linda said...

No frist for us yesterday but rain and wet snow this morning. Think I would of preferred frost.

Gail said...

Wonderful pictures! Frost, I hope, is a long way down the road for us.

The Furry Gnome said...

Some great frost pictures there! We've got the actual white stuff now.

NanaNor's said...

Greetings Elaine, Love your photos-nothing new with that. Hope you are all doing well; I've been so busy it's been hard to get around lately.
Hugs,
Noreen

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

How beautiful! You've made "Jack Frost" proud with your pictures, you've captured everything perfectly and magically!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

WOW! Frost already but is makes for some goreous photographs especaily that pink flower