Woods Country Cove

Monday, May 2, 2016

Hello Everyone

 

 

First I would like to thank you all for your prayers for my sister Ann . Ann is still in hospital and will be for some time . We haven’t been able to see her yet as she has still been sedated to help her heal as her body has been now fighting pneumonia  and her blood pressure has been all over the place , we are hopeful that all the rest will help her recover from this ordeal , so far the surgery has worked for her aneurysm and the other aneurysm  is fine so far . So we are just hanging in there with her  on and off  a day to day situation with lots of contact with the hospital and family for information . I am slowly  trying to catch up on all  your wonderful blog posts  so bare with me please  I may not comment all the time on all of them for now .

On a  nicer note  the Rose Breasted  Grosbeaks are back at the feeders  and the Wrens and Barn Swallows are around as well ,  now all I need to have  in my yard at my nectar feeders are the Orchard Orioles the Baltimore Oriels  and the Hummers .

The gardens are doing well and after all the lovely rains and sun shine  we have had  everything is growing like mad .

Just a reminder that this week is the week  for National Wild flower week !

                                                                         https://www.wildflower.org/nww/

June 2015 (7 of 33)-3

I know the wild flowers aren't out yet but when they are take time to walk amongst the fields of wild flowers and enjoy their beauty and all the nature that uses them as a source of food  and if you can plant  some wild flowers to help our pollinators !

 

                                                                                   Until next time

                                                                                Country Gal

16 comments:

Deb said...

Hi Elaine - with having some computer issues I have not been able to comment. Just to let you know your sister is in my thoughts and prayers. Deb

Henny Penny said...

I've been thinking about you and your sister. Glad to hear she is resting and healing.

My Little Home and Garden said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your sister's health problems and hope that you and your family are being strong for her and that she's doing well.

Karen

Buttons Thoughts said...

Sending hugs thank you for the update. Take care of yourself also OK. HUG B

Faye Henry said...

So sorry to hear about your sister, my friend.. I will be praying for a speedy recovery for her.. I have not been on my computer much except to post a couple of times as it is such a busy time as we are trying to get ready for a trip and also the farm.. Take care dear heart.. xo

Amy at love made my home said...

All good thoughts for continuing good things to come. xx

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Glad to hear the news and hopfully it wil continue even though it may be slow. Love the wildflower shot

William Kendall said...

It sounds like she's in good hands.

Linda said...

We had a grosbeak a week or so ago, but then haven't seen them since. It's a lovely day today, been out checking the progress of all the plants. Hoping the sedation and rest is helping Ann to recover.

September Violets said...

Receiving some good news from the hospital must bring some welcome relief to you and your family Elaine. Praying for Ann's continued recovery. I'm glad those beautiful birds are visiting you, they are always such happy things to see. Hugs to you and take care,
Wendy

Kelly @ Homespuns 'n Hayfields said...

Hi, I thought I would stop in for a visit as it's been awhile. Wow, I didn't realize what your sister was going through. I pray that she recovers. Take care of yourself!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Thanks for the updates on your sister, Elaine. We hope she continues to improve and that you will soon be able to speak with her.

Rosella said...

I've been thinking of you and was glad to get this update. Sounds hopeful that she will be O.K. Take care as you stand by - it's so hard to work and concentrate on anything else when you have a concern on your mind like this one. Prayers ....

The Furry Gnome said...

Still thinking about your sister. Take care.

Dagmar said...

Thinking of you and your sister and family, prayers of a good recovery coming from us here in BC.
XO
Dagmar

Pamela Gordon said...

Elaine, I just read the previous post about Anne's surgery and all that went wrong at first. I'm so glad for you that she is doing ok and resting comfortably. Such a stressful time for family so take care of yourself. Blessings and hugs. Pam