Woods Country Cove

Thursday, July 2, 2015

A Quiet Day .

 

 

Yesterday was our Canada day and a quiet one for me . I puttered , did some weeding , cut the grass , did a bit of laundry and took photos  and  Miggs and I went for our walk early in the morning . Thank you to all of you who sent get well wishes to Miggs, she is doing good now , I figured it was just a cramp in her large back leg muscle that threw her for a loop for a day but she is back to her old self again , I told her she has to take it easy now and no running hard and fast to chase things lol . ok like that’s gona work , who am I kidding lol !

Any who  it was a over cast day more like a washed out sky for most of the day  at least for photos  and it had  the odd pop of sunshine here and there , I had my own air show for Canada day fly over our house and valley for about half an hour as these 4 Harvard’s  were testing the sky’s and taking a tour  . They are the  Canadian Harvard Aircraft  Association stationed in the town of St Thomas  at their airport which is  about a 38 min drive  from us  we are lucky to get so many different large and small aircraft fly over head .

JULY 2015 (5 of 40)

I was able to get quite a few photos of these guys as they did a lot of fly overs  . It was amazing  , I do like air craft especially older ones  !

                I then looked for other things to photograph as they were done for the day and went back to their base !

JULY 2015 (19 of 40)

                    Our Mrs Robin giving me the look or maybe striking a pose as one never knows with her lol  as she was busy  being back and forth to her second batch of babies .

JULY 2015 (31 of 40)

And believe me there are lots of baby birds around here now  and I an enjoying them all as Mama’s and Papa’s feed them !

JULY 2015 (40 of 40)

                             Taking a break in the gardens waiting for his Mama or Papa with  his next pickings lol !

One never knows what one will see here in our valley and back yard  almost every day is a surprise and a wonder . So quiet days can be good at least they are here lol . Well not to quiet with all the birds and  baby birds making all their noises of feed me now I am starving but nevertheless wonderful .!

                                                                              Until next time my friends .

                                                                                        Country Gal

5 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Cool shot of the planes, it is neat having your own backyard air show. Love the robin and the cute baby birds. I am glad your sweet Miggs is doing better. Have a happy Thursday!

Primitive Stars said...

We also shared a quiet Canada day at the lake.... Love the planes and your other pictures, always a joy!!!! Blessings Francine.

William Kendall said...

A cute little bird! I believe one of my cousins lives down around St. Thomas.

Buttons Thoughts said...

WOW good capture of the fly overs that is very very cool. Looks like you enjoyed not leaving home:) Hug B

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Lovely to have a fly passover your property and I see the Robin is impressed also!