Woods Country Cove

Friday, May 15, 2015

Taking A Wee Break

 

 

I am taking a wee break from blogging just for the weekend as it is our May 2/4  long weekend here and the traditional weekend we go to our favourite garden centre pick out our flowers come home and do all our flower planting and buying top soil by the trailer load .   I did a lot of pulling and digging out the pretty but ever so intrusive Lilly of the valley from my gardens yesterday  as I have been working on that since last year lol and giving my back a break today  so I can  plant this weekend .I will be back on Tuesday hopefully with photos of our planted gardens and  what we have been busy with this long weekend !

                                           I will leave you for now with a few photos I took this morning !

                                                  MAY 2015 (6 of 38)-2

                                          Mr Robin just before he took some food to Mrs Robin in her nest !

MAY 2015 (32 of 38)-2

Mrs Robin has been rotating her eggs every hour or so and I think they are beginning to hatch as she does a lot of standing  up and looking at them as though they are moving beneath her !

MAY 2015 (12 of 38)-2

                          Miggs napping on the patio swing , her favourite place to snooze out side , Papa and I will look and feel like this after all the planting and hauling we will be doing this weekend lol !

MAY 2015 (18 of 38)-2

                             One of our hummers who likes to play with me when I have my camera , cheeky thing !

MAY 2015 (34 of 38)-2

                                                               Mrs Dove taking a break on the stump !

MAY 2015 (29 of 38)-2

                                 The weather today  has been cloudy and a threat of rain but holding off for now  the sun pops out every now and then ! Weather looks pretty good for this weekend ! 

     Thanks to all who wished  Woods Country Cove a  A Happy Blogversary yesterday we do appreciate each and every one of you  !

                                  We wish all of you a happy and good weekend be it a long weekend for you or not !                     

                                                                      Country Gal

5 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Look forward to seeing your plantings, it all looks so beautiful !
Sweet Miggs, always the charmer.
I hope the Robin's eggs hatch without much incident, having two cats around our place is most challenging ;)
Enjoy your little bloggy break and come back rested !
~Jo

Gail said...

Enjoy!

Liz said...

Sounds like a lot of work, but the reward will be worth the effort! Have fun!

Anvilcloud said...

Have a good weekend. We are going to check out some of the Ottawa Tulip Festival, weather permitting.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Don't wear yourself out with all that planting, Elaine. I was tired out just reading about all you have been doing and are planning to do. But, as always, will enjoy seeing the beautiful results in posts to come. Sorry to have been remiss in blog reading lately, but family and moving events have taken up so much free time...drat!