Woods Country Cove

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

This & That

 

Yesterday it rained on and off . Miggs and I managed to get our walk in early in the morning , then it rained , so we puttered inside for a bit but then the rains stopped and we went back outside again . I was taking photos as usual just because that’s what I love to do lol !

APRIL 2015 (7 of 28)

                   My Hyacinths are all doing well and showing signs as you can see here of blooms forming !

APRIL 2015 (5 of 28)

Mr Robin always keeping and eye on us when we are out in the back yard , or being just plain nosey lol !

APRIL 2015 (10 of 28)

Mr Chippy was digging in to the seed here looking like he may fall in lol  no the log is slightly burrowed out and I put seed in it for the birds and critters  !

APRIL 2015 (9 of 28)

                                              My goodness Chippy sure you cant get any more in there ? lol !

APRIL 2015 (13 of 28)

The sky’s weren't clear yesterday more like over cast ya know the white washed sky look but then holly cow big dark fast moving clouds rolled over and WOW ! I mean fast so fast I had a tuff time photographing them  but I managed to . I love clouds especially  deep dark cloud like this with layers to them soo creepy , mysterious yet beautiful !

APRIL 2015 (15 of 28)

APRIL 2015 (16 of 28)

As  these clouds were rolling over the winds picked up hard and fast and I could see some of the lower layers of clouds starting to swirl , but I stayed out there and took more photos of them . I knew there wasn’t to be a tornado cause with them there is a jet engine sound as the winds are soo fast and with these clouds there wasn’t any of that  I have been through tornados before and one gets to know them after a while lol .

APRIL 2015 (17 of 28)

APRIL 2015 (18 of 28)

Then they went right over our house me standing in the middle of the yard photographing as much as I can and they all went north east and as they traveled away from us it was an  amazing sight .

APRIL 2015 (21 of 28)APRIL 2015 (22 of 28)APRIL 2015 (23 of 28)APRIL 2015 (24 of 28)

          WOW !! that was awesome !! Some where some one got heavy rains as the cloud just let loose and the winds were strong  … oh Yeah Papa when he was picking up groceries in town on his way home from work lol !

APRIL 2015 (27 of 28)

Then I came in and took photos of my Geraniums as they look soo pretty . I have 4 in bloom but this colour the Salmon pink is my favourite !

APRIL 2015 (28 of 28)

               I cant wait to put them out on the patio ! But still a bit to chilly at night so I will wait till May .

APRIL 2015 (1 of 2)

                     The sun has risen for this morning the air is chilly and dark clouds still hang in the sky’s and possible rain again later this afternoon . Miggs and I are off for our walk whilst we can !

                                                                                    Until next time !

                        Country Gal

19 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Good Morning, your Geraniums are pretty. I love the cute chipmunk, I've been seeing them running around my yard.. Love watching a storm and the dramatic sky.. we had some storms rolling thru yesterday too. Have a happy Tuesday!

Barbara Rogers said...

At least you didn't have thunder and lightening! I was watching clouds here yesterday too, and about 30 miles from here there was a tornado sighted, but moving in a different direction. Isn't springtime fun?

Deb said...

Nice photos, Elaine. I have a gluttonous chippy here, too.:) Love seeing the geraniums in bloom. Deb

Gill - That British Woman said...

I used to have that same table that you have your salmon geranium on. No idea where it went to, probably broke the glass.

TexWisGirl said...

beautiful moody skies! we've got broody ones here, today, too. love mr. chippy!

William Kendall said...

Some mean looking weather. The munk looks like his mouth pouches are stuffed to the brim!

Linda Kay said...

Dark clouds for sure. The little chipmunk is delightful.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Those skies are very threatening but the flowers are lovely.

Pamela Gordon said...

I love those dark cloud photos Elaine. It's interesting to watch the sky and clouds - one of my pastimes. :) Your geraniums look so beautiful and healthy. Mine are ok but only one bloom on each. I'm fertilizing them with each watering now hoping for more. A cold and windy rain here today. Have a good day.

Linda said...

Beautiful photos! :)

Linda said...

Wow, look at those dark storm clouds. We had pouring rain yesterday and it is really windy today ... so windy, I had to get some of hubby's clamps and put them on the roof of the gazebo!!!

Jane and Chris said...

Fabulous cloud shots...but really, did you have to send the skies to me?!
Jane x

NanaNor's said...

Wow, what wonderful cloud shots. I've only been in one tornado and so well remember the green luminous color. Glad you didn't need to worry! Have a great evening!

camp and cottage living said...

April flowers bring May flowers!
It's looking so much like Spring there-beautiful.

DeniseinVA said...

Those were real broody skies you had there, very dramatic. Enjoyed all your photos. You're like me I am always, always taking them.

Gail said...

That Chipmunk is a good packer!

Have a wonderful day.

Vee said...

Amazing, animated cloud shots! Thanks for the info about tornados. I have not had much experience with them, but what I have had made me very skittish. You have overwintered your geraniums successfully! I also like the salmon color...soft and easy on the eyes.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

We share a love for the Salmon Pink Geraniums, they've always been my favorite, and yours are gorgeous !
That was one mean looking set of thunder clouds rolling in, I'm glad to read everything turned out OK.
Beautiful pictures Elaine, thank you for sharing with us.
~Jo

Linda said...

YIKES!!
Those clouds are scary, Elaine!!
Hope the weather smartens up!!
Cheers!
Linda :o)