Woods Country Cove

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Puttering & A Surprise

 

Yes that is what I have been up to … Puttering . The weather has been on and off with rain , peeks of sunshine here and there  , windy and mild but better then snow I’ll take it lol .

Over the weekend when we went to the stores whilst Miggs was getting her new do I picked up some African Violet potting soil as my poor plants really needed to be re potted in fresh soil  so I did that on Monday .

APRIL 2015 (3 of 25)

            These African Violets I have had for years  and  they all bloom with in weeks of each other  almost like they take turns lol

APRIL 2015 (4 of 25)

APRIL 2015 (5 of 25)

I have 7 of them  . My mum had African Violets to and some of the older ones here were hers they must be oh about 20 years old now at least .

APRIL 2015 (8 of 25)

My Geraniums got topped up as well , yes I use the same soil for these to as they like it and show me that they do by blooming so beautifully for me !

APRIL 2015 (7 of 25)

                                           Soon I will be taking my Geraniums outside on the front porch !

APRIL 2015 (9 of 25)

Miggs has been enjoying her new do , she can sleep sound at night now no more panting and moving about the room to find a cool spot and has been enjoying the warmer temps and breezes  out side .

APRIL 2015 (14 of 25)            I seem to capture her with her tongue out a lot , funny dog she even sleeps with her tongue out lol !

APRIL 2015 (16 of 25)

                                     Now Miggs ,  no blowing raspberries at out blogger buddies that’s not nice !!!!!

We have very tiny patches of snow left in the shaded areas but every where else is grass and it is greening up now .

                                                                      So now to my surprise  .

Papa came home on Monday and said  ,I got something for you off of Kijiji  , I am like what ?what is it?    A little red wagon he said , so I am thinking what would I want with a little red wagon ? oh a garden ornament that would be cute , I could put flowers in it  cool ! Then he said no a big red wagon , ok I am thinking how big  ?. Well he asked if one of his co workers / driver of one of the trucks from his work could pick it up as it wasn’t that far from where he who is Dave lived  and he did and brought it to work for Papa to bring home Tuesday , Thanks Dave for picking it up for us .

                                                                   Well will you look at this cutie !

APRIL 2015 (23 of 25)

Isn’t she Purdy .. I can use her to haul wood or carry my plants  whilst I go about and plant them or garden clippings  or what ever I need to haul . Papa said it could even be towed by my tractor Betsy  YEEHAW !!  Thanks Papa I love  her , yes I call things like this her from being brought up in the country and on a farm  around guys and their toys lol ! The tires aren't like the regular red wagon tires these you can actually pump with air  cool !!!  So I think I will call her Ruby ,  everything has to have a name  lol !!

Any who that's what’s been going on here  just enjoying puttering and anticipating spring that is finally showing more  good signs .  Today it is gloomy and rainy April showers bring May flowers and a thunderstorm or two as well , so I shall putter some more , can ya tell I love to putter lol  I am getting into a good book to  , one of my favourite authors .

APRIL 2015 (1 of 1)

Early this morning I saw Mr Robin on our pergola in the center garden  just sitting there getting a birds eye view of the yard  hehe get it ? birds eye view ha ha ( snort )  yeah ok you got it didn’t ya ? you guys are quick lol .

APRIL 2015 (24 of 25)

APRIL 2015 (25 of 25)

                                 Well I am off to putter … oh and get dressed I am still in my jammies lol 

                                                                     Until next time .. Have a good day !

                                                                               Country Gal

17 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Good Morning, you do have the green thumb. Your flowers are all gorgeous.. And Miggs is always cute, even when sticking his tongue out at me.. Love the neat wagon.. And your robin is pretty. It is rainy here today, a good day to stay inside and read.. Enjoy your day!

Lisa Sall - Sall's Country Life said...

Sounds like you are enjoying spring! Keep on puttering!! You are gonna love that useful wagon! Be careful, Migs might want you to haul him around in it. Ha!

Linda Kay said...

Such a newsy post today! I love the violets. They remind me of my grandmother who had the perfect spot in her kitchen windows for the violets. I can't seem to find the same spot to grow them...or my thumb isn't as green!

TexWisGirl said...

miggs is adorable with her 'clean' look. :) your plants and blooms are doing well. my mother always had african violets, too. :)

love your red wagon! i have one that is metal that i use ALL the time - for firewood, feed bags, lawn stuff, whatever.

Anvilcloud said...

That wagon could prove very handy. Our neighbour has one, which we borrow from time to time.

William Kendall said...

Quite a neat wagon! My mother liked having those violets in the house.

Linda said...

Ruby is lovely. We bought one like that for our grandson when he was little. I think I had better ask for it back when he doesn't use it any more :)
It's darn chilly with snow pellets coming down every now and then. It will be an inside day sorting through my photos and then sorting through seeds again as I want to get some peas planted outside this weekend.

Jane and Chris said...

Now that is a perfect pressie for a country gal..love it!
Not sure who is the funniest bunny, Miggs with her tongue lolling out, or you with the birdy joke!
Jane x

Shirley said...

We are having stormy weather in our neck of the woods so I am staying home and catching up with my blogging friends. Ruby will help you a lot in the yard. I love the African Violets. My mother had the green thumb and her Christmas Cactus would bloom the year around. It has been to wet to do any yard work. Have a great day puttering. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend Shirley@shirleystitches

Plowing Through Life (Martha) said...

Well, would you look at Miggs all dolled up like that! LOL... Such a pretty girl.

I LOVE that wagon. That is so cute. What a nice surprise.

And your flowers are so pretty. I adore African Violets. They are such darling little plants. Which reminds me that I should pick up one or two. I haven't had any in years!

A Brit in Tennessee said...

I love Migg's new 'do', so cool for Summer days.
Your African Violets are so pretty, I had no idea they would live for many years with some TLC.
Enjoy your puttering day Elaine, sunshine and 81 degrees here today...phew ;)
~Jo

DeniseinVA said...

That expressive face of Miggs with her tong hanging out sure makes me laugh. Beautiful photos, great post :)

Primitive Stars said...

Love the pretty Violets, they seem to bring out the best in people. Love the wagon, it's great.Blessings Francine.

Gill - That British Woman said...

lots of lovely house plants you have there. I cannot believe the difference in Miggs, wouldn't have known it was the same dog!!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

All your plants look lovely so your puttering is working. Naughty Miggs but perhapshe is geting fed up of all the photos, (I'm not)

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I like puttering at this time of year too, especially when I can start cleaning up the garden beds.
Miggs looks nice with the haircut, funny about the tongue always being out!
We've had rain for a couple of days but at least it's cleaning up the winter residue.

Gail said...

Wonderful pictures...always.

I would love to have a wagon like that. I have drooled over them but have not given in yet. Sweet Papa.