Woods Country Cove

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Keep Trying , Almost , WooHoo !!

 

The sun that is lol , Yesterday was a very gloomy damp day not a peek of sun anywhere . We woke to cloud this morning  and winds  and it is cold out there today and I felt like oh no not another cloudy gloomy day come on I need sun shine . Well it must of heard me cause as the clouds were traveling south I could see the north east becoming clear of cloud with a hint of blue sky and sun in it all from the sun rise  as I cheer it on in my head lol  .

JANUARY 2015 (1 of 8)

Mean while south of us was not looking promising as I couldn't tell what way the clouds were traveling by then .

JANUARY 2015 (3 of 8)

Then over the valley I saw the clouds moving more south east and the promise of sun was still in the cards . As I stood there hoping .

JANUARY 2015 (2 of 8)

Well despite the lack of sun I bundled up anyways and took Miggs for a walk , WOW !  the wind cut through me even though I was bundled up , as we got going I became warmer and used to the cold, Miggs well she loves it  seems like the colder it is the better for her and she still pants as we are walking , crazy dog . So here we were walking down in the valley coming around the bend in the road and BAM !! HOLLY MOLLY  that  area of the road and valley carries a wind tunnel of freezing air blowing through it,   it is the kind of cold wind  that bite’s at you and makes your nostril's stick together lol  and all Miggs wants to do is stop and sniff ,  NO WAY  dog Mama is cold lets  get going  lol  . So as we made our way closer the the house the sun broke through the clouds , the sky opened up and it was a big HURRAY  !!  we have sun shine , well I said that quietly  to myself  and to Miggs   lol !

JANUARY 2015 (8 of 8)

Miggs and I then came in to where it was nice and toasty and are now enjoying the blue sky’s and sun from in doors  and I made my mid morning cup of coffee BRR !

JANUARY 2015 (6 of 8)

JANUARY 2015 (7 of 8)

                           Now there are no clouds in the sky and the sky is a bright pretty blue with sun shine ! Much better !!

                                                 Joining in Sunlit Sunday  at My Little Home and Garden

                                                                                 Until next time !

                                                                                 Country Gal

13 comments:

sweetbriardreams said...

Oh wind like that really cuts you to the bone doesn't it?!! Glad you and Miggs are now cosy and warm. xx

Gail said...

The sunshine is pretty on Miggs. I imagine your plants are smiling.

Snap said...

The wind can really make you miserable ... no matter how many layers you have on. Love seeing the pink skies turn to blue! Enjoy! (Miggs is adorable)

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

The sun really can knock down the chill in the air on any day, but that wind really can be brutal sunshine or not! You're a brave woman, and so is Miggs! :-)

Hope you're now warm and enjoying your Sunday!

Michelle said...

Glad you do have some sun. Stay warm!

Amy at love made my home said...

Glad you got some sunshine!! xx

William Kendall said...

Miggs must be greeting Harley with a tongue like that!

Pamela Gordon said...

The wind can make it so much colder especially in winter, even if the sun is shining. Good for you to get out for a little walk on a cold day. I'm glad the sun came out later. We had some very strong and cold wind here this afternoon. I certainly didn't brave the wind for a walk though. Have a cozy evening.

TexWisGirl said...

i remember those bitingly frigid days up north! silly miggs!

eclectichomelife said...

Brrr, could feel that chilly wind with you on your walk. Lovely photos. Glad the sun came out in the end x

Sherry Sikstrom said...

The cold seems to cut through me more that it used to, and I know you are much more humid there than here! Hang in there spring is on her way!

M.E. Masterson said...

Just popped in to see what you and Miggs were up to and say hello. Spring will be here before ya know it. My spring bulbs are popping outof the ground which always gets me excited! toodles!

My Little Home and Garden said...

Good for you, getting outside on a frosty and windy day! The sun has been disappearing and reappearing here all day.

Karen