Woods Country Cove

Friday, January 2, 2015

Birds , Critters & Blooms

 

  It has been cold here but the sun is shining , still no sign of snow for us . We seem to have fewer birdies this year with no snow but the ones that we do have visiting the feeders  I love watching .

JANUARY 2015 (5 of 14)

                    The little Juncos are always about snow or not this time of year , They are soo cute bobbing around  !

JANUARY 2015 (6 of 14)

                  The Squirrel's are out and about more with the lack of snow as they fest from their feeders .

JANUARY 2015 (9 of 14)

                                                        This little guy is sitting in the tree being cheeky lol !

JANUARY 2015 (12 of 14)

                                    Don't you even think about latching on to the suet feeder Mr Squirrel !

JANUARY 2015 (10 of 14)

    This little guy on the other side of the tree was chowing down as fast as he could  I burrowed a hole in the inside of the log and put seed in for them !

JANUARY 2015 (14 of 14)

      Miggs and I went for a nice walk as the winds were calm and the sun was shining . When I came in I saw that I had a few indoor blooms , always nice to have indoor blooms in the colder months makes it just that bit easier  to get through them .

JANUARY 2015 (2 of 14)

JANUARY 2015 (3 of 14)

                                                             Especially with sun shining on them !

Well it is the last day of Papa’s holidays back to work on Monday BOOHOO !!!  I guess all will be back to normal now . Oh time to start planning for gardens  ( rubs hands in excitement )  oh goodie lol ! Spring will be here  soon lol !

                                                              Joining in  with Karen at  http://mylittlehomeandgarden.blogspot.ca/Sunlit Sunday

                                                                                          Until next time !

                                                                                  Country Gal

16 comments:

Linda said...

It's a lovely sunny day here. We had a dusting of snow overnight but not enough to hang around during the day. I'm already thinking gardening ... planning a new herb garden. I've been eating some salad to combat the Christmas pounds and those lovely clear, rectangular containers will be great for starting some seeds in. Hopefully the dollar stores will start having garden things to look at soon ... they already have Valentine stuff!

Linda Kay said...

From the looks of things, I'd say there is a bit more winter yet before you can do any gardening. It's even been cold in Texas, well cold for us at 32 degrees. But tomorrow we are back up in the 60s!

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Your squirrel shots are wonderful, they show the true cheeky characters that they are !
Happy New Year to you both, I hope it's filled with good health, prosperity and most of all peace.
~Jo

Jane and Chris said...

Plenty of the white stuff here...you are welcome to come and get some anytime!
Jane x

William Kendall said...

The juncos are such cute birds!

Michelle said...

Love seeing those Juncos!

Cindy@NorthofWiarton said...

I have lots of snow I would love to share with you from this past week. Happy New Year's to you & yours Elaine!

RURAL said...

Well, no snow...that's astounding! I'll send you some of my 18n + inches with more to come. Don't worry we have plenty to share...

Jen

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

it is beautiful and sunny where you are and I love seeing the Squirrels feeding. Have a great weekend.

DeniseinVA said...

Lovely to have had that time with Papa before he had to go back to work. You started my day off great with these pretty photos. Thanks Elaine and Happy New Year to you all.

Amy at love made my home said...

Gosh it seems so odd to see green grass on your posts at this time of year after all that snow last year. The Juncos still look very happy though! xx

Snap said...

Enjoyed your critter visitors. Lovely blooms from your African violet and geranium. Thanks for sharing he sun shining at your home.

My Little Home and Garden said...

Isn't it funny to see green grass at this time of year! The days are never the same two days in a row, which makes for plenty of surprises. Your blooms are pretty; I took in couple of geraniums so will have to see if they bloom for me. Thanks so much for coming back to ☀Sunlit Sunday this season.

Karen

betty-NZ said...

Beautiful sunshiny shots!

Lorrie said...

Lovely sunny shots and a fun squirrel to watch. Winter offers a real buffet of weather, doesn't it?

Cristal @ Dapple Design said...

I'm getting ready to plan my garden too. The seed catalog arrived just before Christmas but I haven't had a chance to really go threw it yet. Better get started as I can usually plant the first outdoor greens in March.

Lovely indoor blooms soaking up the sun.