Woods Country Cove

Saturday, September 20, 2014

This & That Rambling

The weekday mornings have been cool and fresh and the sun rise has been wonderful as it is different from weeks gone by of summer , I guess it is from the cooler air and the change of season that is upon us  .

SEPTEMBER 2014 (5 of 5)

                                                                       The sunrise in my kitchen .

SEPTEMBER 2014 (2 of 5)

The days have been lovely as well with warm sun and cool fresh breezes . Some of my flowers are still doing well others not so well . I have left the coneflowers alone this year so the Goldfinch can feed on them other wise I would already have them cut down  so they look a bit  straggly . I enjoy my early morning tea on the back patio and mid morning coffee on the front porch after Miggs and I get back from our walk  this time of year  .

SEPTEMBER 2014 (2 of 3)-2

The hummers are still hanging around as is the odd Robin but all the other summer birds have gone now and the bees are dopey and slow, the odd butterfly is still around  but doesn’t stop   and the crickets are still wonderfully chirping all day and night  and even the Cicada still buzzes from time to time . Some of the cooler weather  birds have returned and my feeders are full  of extra goodies of wild bird seeds and the suet’s are waiting . I feed them this in the cooler weather as they need the extra fats and energy  for the cooler months ! Soon I will have all the cooler weather birds here .  The Canadian Geese are taking on their fall flight  paths at sunrise and sun set  , I love hearing and seeing them as they pass over our house  ! Yesterday morning  I saw 5 Northern Flickers on the lawn  but they are so skittish they took off before  I could grab my camera  but they will be back again so I will be ready , hopefully lol !

This morning was strangely humid but as the day has gone on the sun and cool breezes have chased the humidity away thank goodness . Papa  cut the grass yesterday evening  and we both have been puttering for the best part of the day  today after we came back from town earlier this morning   . I will be getting deep into my gardens next week to tidy away the summer flowers that are done  , other then that not much happening here we are just enjoying the changing  of the season .

                                                             Rain for later this evening and over night .

                                                                          Until next time my friends !

                                                                             Country Gal

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely place -- the front are of your home where your sweet face dog is resting -- loving it.. so homey!

hugs - Have a fantasist ..

William Kendall said...

I'm surprised there are still hummers about!

Bethany Carson said...

Lovely photos of/from your kitchen at sunrise!

Amy at love made my home said...

It sounds as though the change of seasons is definitely on it's way to you. The sunrise from your kitchen window is just beautiful!! xx

Unknown said...

Oh...that first photo...I could just feel the warm rays of the sun coming through your kitchen. I could feel fall and home and coziness....ahhhhh..:)

NanaNor's said...

Hi, You answered one of my questions about my garden-I have purple coneflower(Echinicea) that are dying and I've started to cut them back but then saw all the thistle and wondered if I should leave some for the birds-so I did.
Haven't seen birds eating on them, but the bees are still going strong on them as well as my black eyed Susans. I love hearing about your changes in your yard. Have a great Sunday.
Hugs, Noreen

Jane and Chris said...

Sadly our robins have gone...no hummer sightings this year..and the chickadees are back....autumn is here.
Jane x

Liz said...

What a great spot to enjoy a cup of coffee! Lots of fall changes around my house too. I will miss by fluttering hummingbirds.

Linda Kay said...

My daughter collects pitchers, so she would love to get her hands on the one in your post. Gardens are a never ending responsibility, if not planting or reaping, then cleaning up.

Michelle said...

No more hummers here. Sad to say!

Cindy said...

I'll live the birds and garden life through your blog as being on the road has escaped us from puttering in the garden. I HAVE just one Northern Flicker who visits and sits until I fill the feeder, only 4 hummers and we pulled our garden and got it ready for Winter just before getting on the road. Hey, I just thought I'd let you know we are driving around Lake Erie seaglassing on this across cAnada adventure, you never know maybe we can meet-up, that would be fun.
Cindy