Woods Country Cove

Thursday, July 24, 2014

This & That

 

The weather has been a mix of sun, rain , humidity and cool. Yesterday was over cast but with cool breezes today the  sky is filled with sunshine and cool fresh air !

Yesterday I was busy trimming our Japanese  Dapple Willows . It took me a few hours as they were thick and very tall ! Let me tell you my hand is killing me today , hand trimming hurts lol !

JULY 2014 (3 of 49)

I didn't take a before photo but I think you can tell how big they were by the amount I cut off and stuffed in this trailer lol !

JULY 2014 (1 of 49)

                              All trimmed up both top and sides, then Papa came home and did more of the top for me with the hedge trimmer that is to heavy for me to use  .

JULY 2014 (2 of 49)

         At one point they were touching Papa’s work shop there  on the left and he couldn’t get through to cut the grass ! But he can now !

JULY 2014 (4 of 49)

Like my rock garden .. literally . I pulled all the weed from it as I haven't done anything with it this year and again laid down the garden tarp , come fall I will put some Hostas in as it is a half shade half sun spot !

JULY 2014 (6 of 49)

I don't know if this little guy falls under the butterfly or moth variety but he was soo pretty and tinny and when he spread his wings the back side of them were a vibrant  light blueish, purple  colour !

JULY 2014 (11 of 49)

                               Our gardens are doing well  and I am in them weeding every other day and dead heading  .

JULY 2014 (16 of 49)

JULY 2014 (17 of 49)

JULY 2014 (21 of 49)

The birdies have been eating us out of house and home this summer . I have been filling feeders every day that's 4 feeders a day like this one ! Hummers have been few and far between this year .  Both the  Orioles  Baltimore and Orchard have been supping up  their nectar from the feeders as well .  I am happy to report though the rise of Monarchs are more this year here as last year I saw maybe two  ,so far 6 this year so that hopefully is promising that they are on a come back .

JULY 2014 (29 of 49)

As for my Miggs … who has been my faithful garden companion following me around keeping me company and always on squirrel patrol  is enjoying the cooler weather to .

JULY 2014 (31 of 49) 

                                                                   Miggs … are you snoozing on the job ?…..

JULY 2014 (30 of 49)

                                                                         What me  ??…. Never mum ! 

JULY 2014 (33 of 49)

                                                          Always alert and looking pretty  hehe !!!!

JULY 2014 (4 of 16)

  This morning is a beautiful cool fresh  morning , I was out taking photos at 6 am of the clouds and sun rise !

JULY 2014 (5 of 16)

JULY 2014 (8 of 16)

JULY 2014 (11 of 16)

I just love the sight I see every morning of the sun rising  over the valley and as it  sets  in the evenings and it shines on our valley !  These cool temps have brought back the Blue jays already as I can hear one squawking as I sit here typing  with my windows  open as the air is fresh and  with a  cool breeze blowing .

Every morning these little guys  the  Easter King birds  fly high over and around  our yard and  the field beside us collecting bugs for their breakfast in the sun rise making quite the squeaking noise  as they fly about  , we have lots of them and I enjoy watching  them swoop and hover over head !

JULY 2014 (16 of 16)

 

                                     Well that is it for This & That I am sure I will have more to post about soon .

                                                                      Until next time my friends ! Have a good day !

                                                                                   Country Gal

12 comments:

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh I can feel your pain that is a lot of work. HI Miggs still lookin' good:) Hug B

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

HI CG All that work well done. Loved seeing part of your garden. Love the sky shots and of course Miggs.

Linda Kay said...

Just love that Miggs...and of course your garden as well. Your flowers are very beautiful this morning!

Shirley said...

Good Morning, We always pay for it when we work outside. We usually use muscles that don't get that kind of work. I love your pictures especially the sunrise and sunset. It is a cool 66 degrees this morning. I am trying to catch up with friends before I head for a meeting at the nursing home. Have a wonderful day. Take care. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend.

Barbara Rogers said...

Beautiful gardens, and Miggs is so sweet. The Kingbird was a surprise...not looking at all domestic!

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

how lucky you are, to be able to see both sunrise and sunset!!!!

and oh what a delightful little moth! ours seem just white. but maybe, if we got up close to some of them, they too would have a surprise for us!!!

and your flowers are beeeeeautiful! ours are kind of disappointing, this year. guess we got them, too late. front looks good though. but out the patio window, sighhhhhhhh... some petunias are just struggling. -pout-

tessa~

Amy at love made my home said...

Everything looks beautiful! You have done so much work to keep it all looking lovely. Miggs looks as though she is happy to keep you company and watch what is going on too, and who can blame her! xx

William Kendall said...

Gorgeous shots!

That really is a lot of work.

Patsy said...

Hard work!
We had a storm yesterday and I had to rake and pick up limbs, sticks and leaves. This is twice this year. I love trees but what a mess.

Faye Henry said...

Such beautiful pics and your gardens are awesome.. You are such a great worker, my friend.. Enjoy your Summer months..xo

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

What hard work, but what a lovely garden to relax and enjoy afterwards, I know that I would -- I think the birds are plentiful because they're enjoying it too! I'm seeing a few more hummingbirds around now that I've moved my feeder.

I hope you continue to enjoy this crazy summer weather.

Anvilcloud said...

That's a major trimming job on all of those bif bushes.