Woods Country Cove

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Already ?

 

It’s Wednesday and the  second last day of July already ? ! , oh my where does the time go ?  The weather has been cool here since Monday almost fall like and it has affected a few of my flowers  & plants  to where they have just died off  but the majority of my gardens are still going strong thankfully !

JULY 2014 (26 of 41)

It has been pretty  quiet here with the weather change  all though the birdies have been happily  chirping and active eating us out of house and home still  but I love watching them .

JULY 2014 (74 of 80)

JULY 2014 (14 of 16)

                                         The mornings have been lovely cool  misty and dewy with pretty sun rises !

JULY 2014 (6 of 16)

JULY 2014 (1 of 8)

Lots of different breeds of butterfly's this year enjoying our yard and gardens  this little guy is a tiny Pink -edged Sulphur.  I am still working on getting photos again this year of the hummers but they have been fast and skittish this year .

JULY 2014 (42 of 49)

Lots of Queen Ann's  lace is about this year and amongst them the crickets are singing all day and night , I love the sound of crickets ! I have also heard the odd Cicada buzzing when it was humid  but since the cooler weather they don't seem to buzz at all .

JULY 2014 (32 of 49)

                                  Miggs is enjoying the cooler weather whilst on squirrel patrol  each and every day .

We are lucky to live in this valley with so much nature   , it takes my breath away every day with it’s wonder and beauty !

                                                                           Until next time my friends !

                                                                             Country Gal

14 comments:

Jane and Chris said...

The close up of Miggs in the header cracks me up!
Jane x

Meggie said...

So glad I found you...I look forward to following you.

Linda said...

Hi Elaine...
I heard the cicadas last weekend at the cottage!Love that buzzing sound!
Enjoy your week...
Cheers!
Linda :o)

A Brit in Tennessee said...

We've been having those same cooler days...in July, it's almost unheard of, and deliriously wonderful :)
Your pictures tell of a serene and peaceful setting, a beautiful place to call home.
Miggs as always looking fine.
~Jo

Primitive Stars said...

So hard to believe almost August.... Love all the pictures you post, Miggs is a treasure, Francine.

Amy at love made my home said...

I'm glad to know that Miggs is still keeping up with her squirrel patrols whatever the weather! xx

Linda Kay said...

Miggs is so cute! I did pull up some worn out petunias and snap dragons this morning. But we also have lots still blooming. August is just around the corner.

Anvilcloud said...

Cold, rainy, thunder: this is the summer that almost isn't.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that July has just about gone. I haven't been doing that much in blogland, needed a bit of a break. I've just been out dead heading some flowers and pulling a few weeds. We've been doing so much work on the house it has monopolized our time.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Elaine girl YES !!! You are so lucky to live in such a beautiful place .. I envy you girl but in a good way: )
Miggs is handy to have when it comes to the raccoon mafia and wow! on your ritz cracker story with the way it could unzip so quietly and choose the just right kind of cracker it wanted ? LOL ... if you had chocolate there it would have been a rampage !! haha
Joy
PS .. love the pictures, especially the Queen Anne's Lace and the sound of crickets .. we don't have that yet .. too cool I guess ?
Joy : )

William Kendall said...

The Queen Anne's Lace in particular is beautiful!

Vee said...

It has felt fallish here, too. Maybe it'll kill the J Beetles.

I don't recall ever seeing a pink-edged sulphur. Very delicate and pretty. You should give the Hodge Podge a try. I think you'd enjoy it!

Michelle said...

Beautiful shots and I am glad to see Miggs is still on patrol :)

Liz said...

We have had a lot of cool days the past week or so in northern Il. Love having the windows open! lol..Our beagle was always on squirrel patrol.