Woods Country Cove

Friday, November 30, 2012

Cold Evening Moon

 

The  nights here have been cold  .  I saw the moon out the window the other evening when I was on my computer and just had to go out and take photos .

Cold Moon (1 of 1)

Up above the moon slightly to the left there was a star shining ever so brightly  that is Jupiter . Jupiter stands above the Moon on the 1st, rises soon after nightfall, remains out all night, and reaches its maximum brightness of the year by month’s end.  The clouds were moving at a fair clip and I didn't want to miss capturing them in the photo .

Cold Moon (1 of 1)-2

I have always found the moon and the night sky’s  fascinating .  Papa and I haven’t had a chance this year to get out in his sky shed to view the night sky's with our telescopes as there has been so much cloud and fog the past few months in the night sky’s . The best time to view the night sky’s is in the winter months as it is mostly clear and crisp due to the cold air. I love the look of clouds forming around  the moon and it’s brightness shining on each clouds formation .  Can look eerie yet beautiful at the same time .

Today the weather is cold , damp with a rain snow mix . Miggs and I will stay in get cozy and putter ! I think I might bake some Blueberry muffins .

                                       Until next time hope you have a good day !            

                                               Country Gal

8 comments:

Gone Country said...

Mmmm, blueberry muffins... wish I was 'in the neighborhood'! I'd pop over just as you were pulling them out of the oven, heehee. But, I don't think I would make it in time so you'll have to eat one for me!

I love night skies and moon shots.

Is Miggy eating the snow?

Christine said...

gorgeous!!!

Jane and Chris said...

Despite the on/off cloud the moon was a real winter moon bright wasn't it.
Jane x

Wendy S. said...

Amazing photos. The moon looks like she'd be in a fairy tale.

Anne Birdsong said...

Hi, I’m Anne from Life on the Funny Farm (http://annesfunnyfarm.blogspot.com), and I’m visiting from Farmgirl Friday.

Amazing photos! I was driving my son to a meeting last night, and we rounded a bend and all of a sudden, there was the moon, bigger than I'd ever seen it, really low to the horizon, and very orangey-yellow. GORGEOUS!

Anyway, thanks for posting this. If you’ve never visited yet, I hope you can pop by my blog sometime to say hi…

Primitive Stars said...

Breathtaking, love the full moon and it's more beautiful in winter.......Blessings Francine.

Crystal said...

Excellent shot of the moon!! The top one reminds me of Twilight though, lol.

Nancy said...

These are lovely captures -- I've never been much good a moon photos so it's nice to see that others have some luck!

Love your header. :)