Woods Country Cove

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Doing Well In Doors !

 

This is the first time I have brought my Geraniums in for the winter . I usually just chuck them after they had been got by a good frost but not this year . I  pruned them back re potted and sprayed them  in case of bugs don't want then to spread anything to my indoor plants and brought them in !

DSC_4945

                                       I have these with my other plants in the living room faces east .

DSC_4943

And these are in the kitchen window that faces west . I am doing a test as to what window they do best in first . I have had other plants in these windows and they do good in either but some plants are more finicky then others !

The weather was absolutely beautiful today , sunny and warm the temps reached 22ºC  or 71ºF WOW ! Miggy and I were out all day . First we went for our walk and picked up the mail on the way home then I set up my chair and sat and took photos of the birds and other things that caught my eye or should I say lens hehe !  Posting those photos later !

                                   Until next time  hope you all have a great day !

                                              Country Gal

11 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

This is the year I plan to winter my plants outside under a plastic "fake greenhouse hotbox thing". If I get it organized soon, I might beat the frost. Lovely flowers inside. Mine have survived several winters both facing east and south...but they preferred south.

Gail said...

Mom love geraniums. She always took cuttings inside for the winter.

Sadly, I have a brown thumb instead of a green one.

Muffy's Marks said...

My aunts geraniums flourished in her east windows. For what its worth. Like you I start over fresh in the spring.

Gone Country said...

I hope the plants do well indoors. It would be nice to see such pretty flowers when it's so cold outside!

Lorilee said...

Seeing your geraniums makes me miss having some. I usually winter my potted plants on my south facing front porch. It is small and protected. If it is predicted to drop below freezing I add a blanket and sometimes a light for more warmth. Of course, our south Texas winters are much milder than yours!
Blessings,
Lorilee

Crystal said...

I am not a big fan of geraniums, but sure would be nice to have some color in winter!

Our Neck of the Woods said...

Good luck with the geraniums! I can never get my plants to do well indoors.

Sounds like you had some good weather. We have been up to 80 this week but today is the last day of the warm front!

Beth said...

Way to go with the geraniums! I've never tried bringing mine in. Perhaps next year I will. They sure do look pretty soaking up the sunshine in your window.

Tootsie said...

I have a geranium that is 1o years old! yours look great!
I have enjoyed my visit today...good post!
I wish I had more time to visit all of my favorites everytime you all post!
Thank you so much for linking in and sharing your post with my party today! I am sharing this post on my Tootsie Time Facebook page! Have a wonderful day!!!
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´Glenda/Tootsie
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.

One Mother Hen said...

Geraniums would have to be one of my all time favourites.

Teacup Mosaics said...

For years I have "wintered" my geraniums and they come back more beautiful than the year before.
Enjoy the wonderful fall weather, a long and beautiful Indian summer.
Thanks for your visits and kind words. I am on the mend and I soon will too be taking walks with camera in hand.
Enjoy! Kelley