Woods Country Cove

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Cozy Up , It’s Chilly !

 

The temps are getting mighty chilly now as the fall deepens into the month . Lots of leaves blowing every where as the winds pick up  and howl across the land .  This morning it is rainy, windy and chilly , the air is so fresh . We stocked up our wood box beside the wood stove and had it going last night for the first time of the season  . DSC_4219

I love the smell and the sound of a fire place when there is a chill in the air , the comfort from it is like no other . We had  left over chicken stew I made a day ago in the slow cooker   for our supper then a cup of tea later in the eve .

DSC_4209

The evenings are getting dark early now and it even looks cold up in the clouds and all I want to do is snuggle in my blanket on the couch watch some movies or get lost in a good book .

Some of the trees here are bare , some have completely changed whilst others are still green and just beginning to change .

DSC_4165

    This morning Miggy and I are just cozying up indoors as the wind blows and the rain falls.  I’ve never been much of a baker but even this weather makes me feel like baking  so I may bake something for Papa . This is about the extent of it here at Our Country Cove on rainy chilly days .

                               Until next time hope you have a good day !

                                           Country Gal

9 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Hello, wish I was sitting by the fire with you and Miggy, love the smell of woodsmoke and the crackling to. Blessings Francine.

Gail said...

Beautiful pictures. Stay warm. Fill the house with the smell of baking.

grammie g said...

Hi Elaine...sounds good to me!! It isn't raining here, but the sky is overcast and threatening...I have a fire going to !!
Grace

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

There is nothing cozier than a fire to curl up in front of. I LOVE the smell of it too. That is one of my favorite things about being in campgrounds and the mountains, is the smell.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

snuggled in here too with the dogs, it is snowing and blowing

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I love the smell and the feel of a warm fire on a cold night--Along with a good meal like yours, can it be any better??

I hope you've had a good day!!

Gone Country said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! I, too, love the smell and comforting sound of a wood fireplace. One day, I hope to experience that during Fall and Winter. In Florida, we don't get to do that, ha! It's still warm here during the day but the nights are cooling off into the 70's F. Enjoy your couch, book & blanket!

Unknown said...

I'll be right over Elaine! sounds like the perfect fall day! Your images are lovley too!
Enjoy!

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh funny I was thinking of baking too but I am a tad lazy today. I love your description of relaxing lazy fall days and how to enjoy them. B