Woods Country Cove

Friday, October 19, 2012

Autumn's Reflections

 

The day was a mix of sun, rain, wind , chill and warmth . I didn't get out to get any photos till the evening but I am glad I did .

DSC_4697

A spider web under our back porch caught my eye from the kitchen window reflecting in the evening setting sun .

DSC_4699

                                                It amazes me how this webbing sticks to things !

DSC_4740

Then I went to the front of the house  looking over the valley as the sunset reflects off of the trees and their never ending colours as the clouds in the back ground were dark . It was beautiful to see , like a painting right before my eyes .

DSC_4742

DSC_4738

I love the way the sunset light bounced off the top of the trees bringing out the rich colours even more !

I cant get over the beauty we have here in our little village and the wonder of the nature that surrounds us and how much more there is to photograph .

                                Until next time hope you all have a wonderful day !

                                            Country Gal

17 comments:

Anna Hanley said...

Good Morning, What terrific photos.Anna

Gail said...

And a wonderfully fantastic job of capturing it.

I love that web.

DeniseinVA said...

Those spiders webs are works of art and you've caught the light beautifully. Lovely photos all of them. Hope you and Papa have a great weekend.

Our Neck of the Woods said...

Those shots of the spider web are so cool! I love the light shining through.

Jane and Chris said...

Aren't we lucky to live in the most beautiful country?!
Jane x

MTWaggin said...

I was thinking the other day how much different the view of the fall colors is when there are dark clouds behind. Nice photos!

Lois Evensen said...

Love those spider webs!

Buttons Thoughts said...

Incredible enjoy your weekend. B

Primitive Stars said...

Hello...love the spiderweb...looks great...such beautiful Fall scenery...simply stunning...Blessings Francine.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Elaine that web is fantastic !!
I saw a bit of that golden sun bouncing off the trees in the back with dark moody skies as the foil .. it was beautiful but oh so fleeting .. yes, I often wonder how many people realize the beauty of such short lived "pictures" I try to imprint them in my brain to savor them longer ! LOL
Joy

A Brit in Tennessee said...

You have captured the web perfectly, the gossamer threads always amaze me....
The trees are just gorgeous, burnt orange !
~Jo

Heaven's Walk said...

I just loved looking at all of your beautiful nature photos this evening! You truly captured so much of God's creation! You sound alot like me when I have my camera nearby. The world seems to stop while I capture it.... :)

xoxo laurie

Faye Henry said...

Beautiful as always, my friend.. xo

RURAL said...

It's such a unusual light this year, must be all of the residual heat from the summer.

Gorgeous shots.

Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Wonderful fall captures!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Hi Elaine, just catching up on some blog posts and enjoyed these after the rain shores, which are always so dramatic. The sunny day shots in an earlier post were also great to see, but I do like the dramatic effect here. Enjoy your weekend!

SImple and Serene Living said...

Your photos of the spiderwebs are beautiful. I have just found your blog through a comment you left on Muddy Boot Dreams. Looking forward to reading more.

Laura