Woods Country Cove

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Another Lovely Fall Day

 

Yesterday’s weather was so nice , sunny, warm with cool breezes !  After Miggs and I went for our walk  I went on the hunt for things to photograph once again .  It’s amazing how much there is to photograph right in your own back yard . This time of year so much is changing .

DSC_4560

We have a lot of Blue jays here just indulging on all the seed from the feeders I have out !

DSC_4574

I decided to look up high into our huge 150 + year old tree to see what might be up there and found this Squirrels nest tucked tight in the crick of the large branches !

DSC_4578

                        Then I noticed this little fellow peeking at me through the leaves and branches !

DSC_4583

I walked around the tree looking up and this is what else I saw ! Huge fungi growing out of the side of the tree waaayyy up high !

DSC_4585

Then I saw more just on the opposite side of the first one ! I have always found fungi interesting and am amazed by how and where it grows  and all the different shapes and colours it takes !

DSC_4593

Sunshine beaming down through the leaves and branches ! This big old tree is slowly changing !

DSC_4603

One of the Nuthatch we have here had just finished hiding his seed in the tree for later ! I like to try to capture the birds in a more naturel surrounding other then always at the feeders but sometimes that’s hard to do as they hide in the trees pretty well when they have food !

DSC_4617

I was amazed to see this little butterfly supping up what nectar is left in the flowers . I wonder if he is here on a pit stop from way up north whilst on his long  journey to warmer climates ! Be safe on your journey little butterfly and hope to see you next spring and summer !

                                       Until next time ,  hope you all have a great day !

                                              Country Gal

10 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

Lovely images of another lovely day.

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh you have the most incredible treasures of nature in your yard. Great shots. B

Jane and Chris said...

I always think of days like today as a bonus.Chipmunks were out this morning...not long before they tuck themseves away with their stash and snooze through winter.
Jane x

Crystal said...

Pretty, I too like fungi. And that red bird is pretty, do you know what he is

Our Neck of the Woods said...

Really neat photos! Impressed by your talent!

Primitive Stars said...

Hi...love your pictures once again....you really are great at taking in all the wonders....thanks..Francine.

RURAL said...

What a beautiful sunny day you had...

I had no ideas that squirrel nests looked like that, the things you find out on a blog.

Jen Muddy Boot Dreams

Sherry Sikstrom said...

What wonderful pictures!

Grandma Linda's Daydreams said...

You're taking some great pictures! I love all the wonderful bird photos you took!
I found you though Dolly's (Hibiscus House's) party, and I joined! Enjoy these fabulous,colorful autumn days!
Linda @ Grandmalay's Daydreams

Lisa/Fresh Eggs Daily Farm Girl said...

What a beautiful blog! I hope you'll come share some of your wonderful posts at my Farm Girl Blog Fest: http://fresh-eggs-daily.blogspot.com/2012/10/farm-girl-blog-fest-5.html