Woods Country Cove

Friday, September 7, 2012

Oh Boy Rain , Lot’s Of Rain !!!

          

    It’s on it’s  way  here !!!!

We are to be getting lots of rain this evening through the night and all day tomorrow  WOOHOO !

It has been hot , humid , muggy and just plain YUK ! out side , hope this rain brings cooler weather.

I took a few photos yesterday  , so I thought I would share them with all of you !

DSC_2335

We have two breeds of Nuthatch here . This is the White Breasted Nuthatch and the other I have posted photos of before is the Red Breasted Nuthatch he is a bit smaller then this one ! Did you know the Nuthatch is the only bird that can travel head first down a tree ?  HUH ! who knew !

DSC_2336

    Chipmunk vacuuming up all the seed in the feeder ! Wonder if this is  Simon , Alvin or Theodore !

DSC_2359

Wathsnt me !!!! Musthst of bin my bwother !!!!!!!

DSC_2342

                        Busy as a bee collecting as much nectar as he can before his big journey !

DSC_2347

               Fungi on a log in my garden under all my plants  . Looks like spaghetti on top  !

DSC_2349

Sudden heavy rain fell yesterday only for a few minuets and then the sun came out again and WOO WEE !   it  was even more  humid , so humid it was kind of foggy and hazy !

DSC_2354

                         Rain drops and leaves stuck on a spiders web !

DSC_2357

                 It’s amazing what you can find to take photos of if ya just get out there and explore !

                        Until next time , hope you have a great exploration of a day !

                                                     Country Gal

3 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Spectacular shots, I especially love the rain drops on the spider webs.
Look at that little chipmunk with his pouches so full ...LOL
We had rain yesterday, flooded the garage, and more expected later tonight...oh dear.
I'm ready for Fall !
~Jo

Lorilee said...

Wonderful photos. I especially like the fat-cheeked chipmunk and the raindrops on the spiderweb. We are still needing rain here. Also experiencing 100 plus temps!
Blessings,
Lorilee

50+ Horses said...

Gorgeous pictures! And your rain looks so refreshing!!

We've been without rain for over 50days...odd for us, living in the Northwest of Washington State up towards Mount Rainier.

They say it's the third dryest summer in history. I keep reminding myself that I shouldn't complain because our friends in the midwest have it much worse than we do.

Yet, I worry.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures!