Woods Country Cove

Friday, August 31, 2012

Sunrise At The Cove

 

I was up before the crack of dawn yesterday . Miggy  woke me up , she usually is the lazy one in the mornings so I decided to get up  and sit on the front porch  with Miggy  , I with my cup of tea and watched the sun rise . The air was crisp and chilly .

DSC_2187

                                                   The sunrise was soo pretty !

DSC_2190

            I ran in to get my camera and took a few shots as it was rising  ! this is my favourite  one !

DSC_2200

        Then I went around and took photos of the sun rise shining on other things !

DSC_2204

                                            Miggy realizing she got up to early !

                    I just love the color it has when it shines it’s orangey glow on everything !

DSC_2213

                               It was very busy in our yard as the sun was rising !

DSC_2216

                 Lots of birds feeding off the ground and fluttering from feeder to feeder !

DSC_2221

                                                  Even the bunnies got in the act !

DSC_2229

      These guys are always under the feeders eating seeds , so much for them just eating grass and veggies !

DSC_2243

               The other bunny ran away when I got closer but this little guy struck a pose for me !

    So this is some of what goes on in our yard as the sun comes up , yes we do have late risers as well like the squirrels and the hummers they appear later in the morning !

                                         What goes on in your yard as the sun comes up !

     I think the cooler weather has just been teasing us as today is to be really hot and humid again  and we haven’t had rain in a long time so we are in need of that again .                 

                                 Until next time hope you all have a good day !

                                          Country Gal

9 comments:

Muffy's Marks said...

Wow, busy yard in the early hours!! What goes on in the dark of the night? Great shots, love the bunny with his orange glow. And of course you know my love affair with Miggy!!!

Gail said...

Beautiful shots. Nothing like morning light.

Christine said...

What a beautiful morning! Well worth getting up early.

Buttons Thoughts said...

Hello I think you have the perfect view and I love Miggy. To get up and sit in your yard and experience so much beauty and having the skill to capture it in photography is a wonderful thing.
Your photos are awesome.
I look forward to seeing more of South Western Ontario. I have been nosing around in your blog too.
I think I would love to sit and take in your day. I will return to visit your little rocker with the view and Miggy of course. I am in South Eastern Ontario. B

barb said...

Thank you for dropping by pickles and petunias...we love hearing memories. Your dog is sweet.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh this sounds soooooooo perfect. I can't wait until we have some crisp mornings and I can sit outside. Enjoy. Hugs, Marty

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

You've captured the morning perfectly and your photos certainly were worth getting up early for!

Enjoy your weekend!!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Beautiful, a great reason to be up with the sun~

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Early mornings are a favorite of mine as well, Elaine. While we are often up early, we don't go outdoors to watch the sunrise, but usually enjoy our only cup of coffee while sitting in bed reading the news on our ipads (yes, it's geeky) then we have something light to eat and head to the "Y" for an hours worth of exercies. Great way to start the day for us and I relaly liked you way!