Woods Country Cove

Friday, June 22, 2012

A Bit Cooler Today !

 

Ok it was cooler early this morning ! not any more now !

 

It wasn't to bad weather wise yesterday mind you it was hot but there was a nice breeze that kept it bearable . Miggy and I went for our walk  then we sat on the porch and I took photos . I know more bird photos “ eyes rolled to the sky “  but heck I love the birds we have here !

DSC_8439

       A little Barn Swallow , I like these guys, they remind me of my life growing up on the hobby farm!

DSC_8459

                Little Wren we named Molly singing her heart out , her mate has shown up now !

DSC_8507

DSC_8493

                  Mrs Robin searching for lunch in my gardens , no pecking my flowers missy !

DSC_8519

                                        Miggy treeing a squirrel once again !

DSC_8539

                    And of course the hummer that taunts and plays me every time I have my camera !

DSC_8573

DSC_8562

                          Gold Finch resting and taking in the sights !

DSC_8579

                                             Back to taunting with me eh?

I was praying for rain as the weather has been hot and humid for a week now . I got my wish ,in the evening we had rain not a lot but just enough to give my gardens and planters a drink .

After the rains the sky was a beautiful pinky orange as the sun was setting whilst the rain clouds were clearing !

DSC_8656

DSC_8658

         It was soo pretty and strange ! I have never seen a sky quite like it as I was hanging out the upstairs hall window to get these shots and it was still raining a bit over head !

      Well that's all for now , looking forward to the weekend . Papa and I are going to a horse event and hoping to take lots of photos and that it doesn't rain or is to hot .

                         Until next time hope you all have a wonderful weekend !

                                     Country Gal

8 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

This is a lovely window into your part of the world. The heat index got up to 103 a couple of days ago. It will be touching in the 90's today. Summer's arrived :)

Anonymous said...

These photo's are just awesome....
I LOVE THEM!!! What a great photographer you are.....

I'm a new follower..

Thanks so much for sharing with the ALL STARS BLOCK PARTY... =)


Carri
simplydonewright.blogspot.com

trump said...

I wish I could say the same thing about the Lancaster,pa area folks, so its still pretty warm. But we are expecting a break this weekend. Richard

MTWaggin said...

Very pretty shots. What types of hummers do you have in your parts? I'm going to have to go listen to the wren song, I bet it is pretty.

Patsy said...

I enjoy seeing your birds.

Julie Marie said...

I love all of your birdie photos, please keep them coming!... and thanks for hanging in there with me as I go back and forth about blogging... much love, xoxo Julie Marie

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Skies after a rain are some of the most beautiful as are your shots, Elaine.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Amazing shots of the hummingbird!