Woods Country Cove

Monday, March 5, 2012

An Early Start

 

Woke up  early to a beautiful sunrise and  the Robin chattering and singing away, one of my favourite sounds of Spring !

DSC_0016

 Miggy and I went out early it still has a chilly nip in the air . We filled the bird feeders cleaned up the sticks and twigs from the trees that had fallen off in the high winds we had a few days ago and put them in the fire pit , they are still to wet as there was frost on the ground this morning so I will have a fire with them another day after they have dried out a bit. The temperatures are to be warming up as the week goes on and to be some what sunny .

DSC_0067

Miggy and I took a walk of the gardens and I see my Daffodils and Hyacinths are slowly stretching higher from the ground then a week ago  and all the buds on the bushes a trees are ready to pop open . Miggy and I then went for a nice walk .  Some one in the area had a bon fire going . I love the smell of bon fires in the fresh air and the sounds of  birds singing and chattering all around me with a dog barking in the distance and farm animals freeing their vocals as they answer one another and the sound of Canadian Geese honk as they fly over head , the feel, smell and sounds of spring are  here !

Oh have I mentioned that Miggy likes to pull the sticks out of the fire pit and chew them , kind of like this ! Looks like I may have to clean the sticks up again at the end of the day lol !

DSC_4680

  Miggy and I are just going to enjoy the day  and I may even take more photos !

                        Until next time hope you have a great day !

                          Country Gal

6 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

After a weekend of violent storms, the sun is shining once again, but cold.
It's always a spirit-lifter to see those blooms poking up through the soil once again, not long now :)
Miggy surely looks like she is having fun !
~Jo

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Looks like spring is seriously thinking about returning!

Patsy said...

That Miggy is so cute. We are cool here after the high winds we had.
The rose bush are all leafted out now a month early.

Pieced Pastimes said...

Thanks for visiting and leaving such a nice comment about my 'Ruffled Dropcloth Wreath'. Love your header photo - Miggy is the sweetest looking dog! Glad to hear that your area is feeling like Spring - it gives me hope!

Faye Henry said...

My word, Elaine it is hard to believe we live in the same country.. We still have a lot of snow and it does not feel very Spring like yet..
Love your pics.. The robin is one of my fave birds..
God bless..

Red said...

Robins are very hardy birds. You probably have some that stay all winter. In Alberta I have seen robins in every month of the year. We always get them in our Christmas bird count.