Woods Country Cove

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Our Country Cove Kitchen

 

I thought I would share what our country cove kitchen looks like. I took photos from all angles to try to get it all in. This kitchen is what sold us the house with the wood stove in it and the fact that this  farm house was built in 1895  before it was a school house and we still have the stone walls of the school house in our cellar . To get to the cellar we have a floor door in our mud/ laundry room . The wonderful people that sold us this house are good friends of ours now and they just literally live around the corner !

We did a few of our own touches like painting and carpeting in some rooms and we still are slowly doing other things bit by bit.

                                

DSC_1390

                                          Click on photos to enlarge if you please !

                        DSC_1391                   This hutch holds my Holstein cow collection and other collectables !

DSC_1392

                       On top of the cupboards are my cottage tea pots I also collect !

DSC_1395

       Over to the left on the floor is the Tater & Onion box Papa built for me , it works great !

DSC_1396

      We try to bring in the colours of the out doors the wonderful colours nature has to offer !

DSC_1397

DSC_1401  We have a lot of pine and oak through out this house and we just love it  and the floors even have an old farm house creaking sound to them , to Papa and I it really is home sweet home,  Our Country Cove !

                                Hope you enjoyed our little tour of our country kitchen !

                                    What was it that sold you on your country homes ?

                                          Until next time , Have a wonderful day !

                                                    Country Gal

9 comments:

Patsy said...

What a lovely warm kitchen and so many cabinets. I lift my cup of coffee to you after the tour.

Tiggeriffic said...

We live on 40 acres and the thing that sold me on the house and the property was the creek that was in the back pasture. I visioned my children (4) being able to go down to the creek and make a tree house and enjoying the outdoors, which they did and they have fond memories of living here on this farmstead. The house was pretty run down and we had to remodel each room. The house is over 100 years old..
Beautiful kitchen ~! loved the pictures..
Have a Tiggeriffic Day ~ ta ta for now from Iowa:)

Jeannelle said...

Very nice! We milk Holsteins and I have my own little herd of cow collectibles. They are easier to care for than the ones in the barn!

Laura said...

What a cozy kitchen!
Nothing really sold us on our home. My in-laws built this house in the 50s and the business is also based here. I knew before we got married that we would eventually buy the house when Jim's parents decided to retire out of the business.
It isn't what I always dreamed of, but it grew on me. I loved raising our family in the same house that my husband was raised in.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Love it! what a lovely homey place to gather !

grammie g said...

Hi Elaine...I love you country cove kitchen ...lots and lots of cupboards, and a warm welcome look!!
Mine was a older home remodeled to fit my way of life!!

Grace

Faye Henry said...

Lovely kitchen, Elaine.. Love the woodstove right there in the kitchen.. So many cupboards..
I fell in love with our kitchen at first sight, too..

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Looks so cozy and inviting, and noticed you have so many places to store...lots of cupboards.
I love the stove in the kitchen, I bet it's the favorite place to be when it's cold outside.
Your little cottage teapots collection are just so sweet, I see sveral that I have !
Just a lovely home....
~Jo

Pat said...

It looks very homey and I envy all that cabinet space!