Woods Country Cove

Thursday, November 17, 2011

A Little Bit Of Colour On A Cold day

 

It is windy and cold out today with the temp at 5°C  or 41°F  and the wind makes it feel like  minus 3 , the sun keeps popping in and out but the clouds are taking over , snow clouds that is , I have seen the odd snow flake here and there so it is on its way soon.

I had posted a few photos of my reddish Cactus  that blooms like crazy this time of year . Now I just realised that my white Cactus is now blooming. The flowers are soo dainty .

This is about all the colour we have left around here now as all is brown and bare .

DSC_1487

                                         Click to enlarge if you please !

DSC_1506

DSC_1508

This young plant that I had separated and started from a basket mixed with other plants is doing well , it has lots of buds on it just waiting to burst !

                                            Until next time, hope your day is colourful and warm !

                                                     Country Gal

6 comments:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

So pretty ! we are in the midst of a bona fide blizzard again!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I felt warmer just looking at your header picture!!! :-) I love your pictures of your Christmas Cactus. Mine is also getting ready to bloom. I have to admit, I feel bad when it does, because it's like it's forgiving me for neglecting it!

Ellen said...

My gosh, your photo header is awesome! Makes me miss our wood stove from when we lived back in the "cold" brrrr. Now of course living in sunny Arizona, we don't have need for the stove. Oh my gosh I surely miss it!

grammie g said...

HI Elaine...I am trying to get back and see how your doing!!
Love the header look nice and cozy there!!
I love this particular Cactus color it is a beauty!!
It is the one I want to get...
No color here either!!

Grace

Teresa said...

What a beautiful flower! Thanks for sharing.

黄清华 Wong Ching Wah said...

Very interesting blossom !