Woods Country Cove

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A BEAUTIFUL FRESH SEPTEMBER DAY

The weather is just perfect today all though quite windy but it is a cool fresh wind and it is sunny. The leaves are falling as the trees make a rustling sound in the wind as the crickets are singing and the Blue Jays are squawking other wise it is pretty quiet at the Cove not to much going on even the birds aren't feeding as much as the weather is changing they seem to take a break for a week or two from hording the feeders but soon I will be filling the feeders every other day again. As I sat out on the porch drinking my coffee enjoying the fresh air I decided to take photos.

DSC_0001

DSC_0010

                                          The wind was just wiping my garden flag around ! 

           I have flags for each season, its almost time to change this summer one to a fall one !

DSC_0018

   As I sat drinking my coffee I thought to my self   the gardens are slowly withering away and it is time  to tidy them up and to plant my bulbs for next spring and summer !

DSC_0028

                          I was able to capture our birch tree blowing in the wind !

DSC_0019

As  Miggy naps in one of her favourite places, under my Lounge chair as the cool fresh wind blows!

I love this time of year all cool,colourful and fresh , to have my windows open all day and night, to hear the echo of the crickets and other wonderful nature sounds in the cool fresh air , to go for walks with Papa and Miggy in the evenings after supper  as we watch the sun set with its orangey glow, to  see the moon start  to rise with its big smiley face, to smell the fields in the fresh air full of harvest, to feel the breeze on your face and blow through your hair , to smell a fireplace or bonfire as you walk by . These are just some of the things I love about September  !

                        Until next time hope you all have a wonderful September day !

                                                      COUNTRY GAL

10 comments:

S K Ditta said...

That's a very nice coffee mug, and a beautiful garden in the background. It is good for seasons to change, for life to keep moving, for us to keep busy in something good.

Julie Marie said...

Oooh I so love this time of year too as you know!... Miggy looks so cute and comfy... enjoy your cool walks in your beautiful countryside... xoxo Julie Marie

Patsy said...

It sounds and looks wonderful at your place.

grammie g said...

Hi Elaine ...you have painted a lovely picture in the word's of you post.
It has been pretty warm this week here..7:00pm and still 78f!!
Enjoy
Grace

Faye Henry said...

Your pics had me enjoying the day with you..
Blessings..

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

I love the cool weather of the approaching fall. I'm also enjoying the adorable picture of Miggy resting under the lounger.

Leah said...

It is a bit chilly here too.... they say maybe tonight some frost... Brrr. we have some leaves falling in fact my one leaf tree got pretty windblown today.. the leaves won't last long... Fall is on its way!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

You're reason for loving fall are just like mine--I especially love sleeping with the windows open at night!

Anonymous said...

Hmm glad you like fall, i prefer summer to stay all year. But I cant deny I love the colors of fall leaves and after a good frost, no bugs. I guess there is good things about all seasons.

Crystal from Ranchriding

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

You are a bit ahead of us, Elaine, in leaves coming down and colors changing. Nice to enjoy a cup of coffee outdoors in cooler temps.