Woods Country Cove

Saturday, July 30, 2011

TODAYS PROJECT START TO FINISH

 

It’s a long weekend for us  here in Canada as it is a civic holiday on Monday but Papa took yesterday off as well so he has 4 days off WHOOHOO ! So ya know he will be building some kind of project this weekend and that he has !

Papa and I wanted to shade the birds water fountain in the centre garden cause it is always getting the sun all day directly on it . So today Papa built a Pergola over the fountain , it wont shade it completely but it is better then in the baking sun for the entire day !

                                              Papa calls it the Birdie Pergola !

DSC_0001

DSC_0002

DSC_0006

DSC_0009

DSC_0011

DSC_0012

DSC_0013

DSC_0014

                         The birds were very happy with their new Birdie Pergola !

                                   I love it ! Great job Papa ! Looks wonderful !

                               Until next time, hope you have a wonderful day !

                                          COUNTRY GAL

13 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

What a great job he's done !
I love pergolas, especially if they are laden with wisteria vines, or roses, which add more shelter from the elements.
It's just beautiful.
~Jo

Carmen S. said...

I love that! Very nice! my first time visiting so I'm off to check out the rest of your lovely blog;)

Julie Marie said...

Oooh, I love it and I know the birdies will too!... how sweet you love Nature as much as I do, and make sure our little feathered friends have a shady place to rest and sip... xoxo Julie Marie

Christine said...

Elaine that pergola turned out so nice! Hope the birds love it too. Tell hubby he did a great job on it.

Lisa Sall - Sall's Country Life said...

Wow, now that's what I call some pampered birdies!
Nice Job!

Teresa said...

Not only shade, but beauty! What an amazing project.

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

I can't believe he just whipped that lovely pergola up. It is just awesome and I'm sure the birds would thank him if they could.

MountainBlessings said...

Those birdies are sure lucky! Your DH is very talented the pergola is very nice!

Gail said...

How beautiful!!!

Free room and board if yall come help me fix the barn!

grammie g said...

HI Elaine...how lucky is the wildlife that visits you yard...pampered they are!!
That is a cute idea and Papa ...good job!! : }

Patsy said...

He is a hard working man and makes your yard beautiful.

Lois Evensen said...

How lovely! What a gorgeous spot in your garden. Love your header image, too. I'm glad I stumbled across your blog. :)

Mellodee said...

Marrying a man who can build and repair is a gift from Heaven. Looks like your guy is a keeper!

That pergola is delightful!