Woods Country Cove

Friday, July 15, 2011

BLACK & WHITE

 

I know you must be getting board of my photos, but its what I do here at the Cove ! There is so much to capture and in so many different ways. Not only am I taking Macro photos I am also taking Black & Whites. I have always liked the look of Black & White photos especially when you photograph old subjects, like Historical buildings or Antique pieces or even old trees, to me Black and White photos tell the subjects story of old and their History or just looks good lol. My camera also does Sepia and that will be my next challenge !

DSC_0032

         We bought this lantern from a hardware store .  Black & White kind of  makes it look Antique !

DSC_0033

                                                    Using different lighting and shadows !

DSC_0034

DSC_0038

  Our Country Cove in Black & White, This farm house was built in 1895 ! It was first an old school house back in the early 1800’s . Part of the school house is still with in the cellar !

DSC_0054

     Our front porch in Black & White . What a different look it has to being taken in color !

                                         Until next time , hope you have a wonderful day !

                                                      COUNTRY GAL

6 comments:

Tammy@Simple Southern Happiness said...

I can tell you are lovin' photography, its amazing how just with a click of a button you can change the view of your world. Great photos.

Julie Marie said...

Oooh, I love your black and white photos!... now I want to try that!... your lantern does look antique!... xoxo Julie Marie

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Not getting tired of your photos, Elaine. I've been catching up on blog reading today and enjoyed the B&W treatments and the earlier macro shots. Thanks for showing the closeup of a wild mushroom.

grammie g said...

Hi Elaine ...It is interesting to look and photos the way it used to be ...we have come a long way,but there a so many things that just look good in black and white or sepia...like the old lantern !!
Very nice...Have a great weekend...Grace

Faye Henry said...

Your photos are always beautiful, Elaine... Black and white or color...
I love your home.. It looks so cozy...
Rural Ontario?
Blessings..

jdmsmith said...

I want to live here! Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos!