Woods Country Cove

Thursday, April 14, 2011

OUR COUNTRY COVE IS QUIET

Yesterday Miggy and I went for walks around the yard whilst she was on her leash. We have to keep her on the leash so she doesn't dart and run after critters till her leg is fully strong enough to take the fast movement and force and pressure of her weight with running.

She has always been a hard runner and fast, before ya knew it before her surgery when she did run, all you saw was a blur of her dashing past you. She enjoyed the walk around and so did I.

She tires fast as it is a lot of work for her on the uneven ground but that uneven ground helps strengthen her knee and muscles. I just have to make sure she doesn't lay on her sore whilst on the grass just in case she gets a bit of dirt in it as it still is an open wound but the medicated Derma Gel is not only a skin rejuvenator it also has a germ protector to it, but  I still want to be careful and be safe instead of sorry and have it get infected ,  neither Miggy nor us want that to happen cause ya never know !

So most of the day yesterday we walked she sniffed everything in sight on the ground, looked like an ostrich every time her head went down cause of the cone lol  she would dig it deep into the grass to get herself a good sniff , then we would sit in the sun and  I would read my book as she rests.It was a beautiful day yesterday, warm sun and breeze , the birds chirping and singing, the farm down the road was active with sound and the hum of  small airplanes every now and then in the distance AAAA ! perfect !

The book I am reading is from a series of ghost stories that have been reported and archived here in Canada and written by Canadian Authors.

                                                          I have read these.

DSC_0001

                                              Now I am reading this book from the series.

DSC_0002

 

                                                  I find these books and story’s fascinating .

                                      That’s all I have for today.  Until next time my blogger buddies,

                                                       hope you all have a wonderful spring day.

                                                            Red roseCOUNTRY GALRed rose

4 comments:

Lisa ~Suburban Retreat~ said...

Those books do look like good reads! Last year, just before Halloween, I went on a 'ghost walk' in my city and it was fascinating learning about all the local "haunts"!

Patsy said...

I see you all most have blooms to.

Kritter Keeper at Farm Tails said...

ah, miggy is recovering well! that is wonderful. nugget's rehab took six weeks. ooohh, scary books! i don't think i could read them then fall asleep...lol, have a great day tomorrow.

Mary Ann said...

Oh, my, what great looking books... I love ghost stories and stories of haunted buildings, we have some here in our city. My husband and I lived in a house in which a spirit lived... so it was up close and personal!