Woods Country Cove

Monday, January 31, 2011

TO COLD FOR HUMAN OR BEAST !

It is really cold out. When  Papa left for work the tires on the van were just crunching and squeaking on the snow  BRRRR ! This is how cold it is today.

DSC_0002

     CLICK ON PHOTOS TO MAKE A BIT LARGER AND FEEL THE WARMTH OF THE FIRE !  

I collected more wood for our indoor wood box and put the wood stove on early today. We are in for a dilly of a snow storm  weather channel and website said there is a sever snow storm heading our way tomorrow and into Wednesday  I’ll  have to keep the fire burning .I thought I would put my new 55-300 mm lens to the test and take some photos of the wood stove in action.

DSC_0018

DSC_0008

DSC_0010

DSC_0021

                                        Looks so warm and cozy !

Tonight Papa and I are going to our photography club meeting.We  are members of  The Photographers Of The Otter Valley that consist of most members from our village and valley area but of course any one from any were is welcome. Papa is doing a presentation about the difference of Photo shop verses Gimp the pros and cons of each program for our club, have discussions  about equipment help each other, ask and answer questions  everyone share”s their photos and maybe new equipment, a few laughs and some goodies to munch on.

                Hope you all have a wonderful Coffee cupwarm day !

6 comments:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

-35C this morning with a wind chill of HolycrapIcan'tfeelmyfeet!Not a fun time feeding cows and horses! The fire looks lovely and warm

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The photo club sounds great and sure wish we had some organization like that in our area, but no such luck. I have an older copy of PhotoShop but am not familiar with GImp and will have to do an online look-up cause I am just the curious type. I heard about the snow headed for many parts of the country, but here on the VA eastern shore we are just expecting lots of rain...wanna trade for some of the snow? Stay warm - fire looks great!

Patsy said...

I think you are going to get buried but the nice fire will save you.
That storm is just going to glaze us as it goes by.

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

I need that fire right about now. We run a cold house and I'm rather chilly at the moment. Is the photography club run my professionals?

Rob said...

that sound like being an interesting meeting. I've just gone on to Linux so it would be interesting to see what is said about Gimp. As is always the case your pictures are very good. I hope you don't get buried in the snow but of you do you should be nice and cosy by that fire.

Gail said...

It would be too cold for me to go! I would stay by that warm fire.